Saturday, May 09, 2009

A decade of internet presence.

Today is the 10 year anniversary of srossi.net.  My older brother and I went to a Baptist Church sometime back in February and he made a comment about srossi.net being on the internet for close to a decade.  He remembered because he, his wife and their youngest daughter moved to England in early 2000, and (as he put it) my website was their lifeline back to the family.  It hadn't even occured to me before that, but he got my curiosity up.  That evening I looked through my old CD archives and found what appears to be my first web page (insert link here).  Pretty simple stuff, but at the time I was working with dial-up internet and paying for a server, so I had very little space and any changes took a long time to upload.  By 2000 when they moved to England, it had developed into a rudimentary blog format.  There was no comment function for readers, but it had become an online journal of my life. 
.
So, here's to all of you who have been dropping by for the last decade and to my faithful followers who joined in a little more recently.  Hope to see ya around for another decade (or two).
post signature

3 comments:

Your Conscience said...

---------------------------------------
Awww... That's so sweet. You need a lolcat to accompany the post...

We love you as well, Pooh Bear...
-------------------------------------

A Paperback Writer said...

Hmmm... I think I started reading it while I was living in Scotland-- or maybe the spring before I left... Spring of 2004, probably.

Your Conscience said...

----------------------------------
Re: "My older brother and I went to a Baptist Church..."

Your Conscience responds: You found the Jesus? Should Your Conscience congratulate you or shake its head in disappointment?
------------------------------------