Friday, February 27, 2009

Old Photo of the Day.....

Yeah, begs to ask Why the hell would I post such an unflattering picture? or maybe What was I doing wearing pants that short?  Well, it was sometime around 1990, by the ages of my nieces and nephew.  Maybe earlier.  If I recognize the background, this was taken on an old bridge on the road between Capitol Reef and Hanksville, headed towards Lake Powell.  The back row is my older brother and myself. The next row is my older brother's wife, his oldest daughter and the two Gearheads. In front is the only other niece I had at the time and my nephew (who happens to be Naptime Nostalgia's husband now). Some pictures should never see the day of light.  But it has such pretty colors.
post signature

3 comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

I love it. Reminds me of the old days when I first met Jeff and all the Rossi's were always together and planning the next camping or powell trip.

But yeah, those shorts were short.

A Paperback Writer said...

I'm still mentally in the 80s, so short shorts don't bug me -- but maybe you should've stood up for this photo.....
Of course, I'm one to talk. Basically, the only photo in existence of me that I actually like is one from a Christmas card in 1965. I'm 5 months old and trying to eat my dress. It's my best shot ever. Everything went downhill after that.

Max Sartin said...

Well, I'm still mentally in the 70's, but you wouldn't catch me in pants that short nowadays.