Saturday, January 03, 2009

Snow today, sunshine tomorrow.

This is one of the reasons I stay in Utah - winters.  I know people from South America and the South Pacific that think our winters are harsh, and compared to those places I can see why.  But having moved from the Boston area, to me it's mild.
.
We had about 4 inches of snow last night and in a not very uncommon pattern, the sun came out strong today.  The storm scoured out the valley so it's bright and clear.  And even though the temprature is hovering right near freezing, the snow and ice is melting off the sidewalks, and even my front deck.  Except for two lines along where the shadow of the railing hit the deck.  Which is why I have so much trouble on the driveway right between my house and the neighbors, it's perpetually shaded so it never melts.  Hurrah once again for the Subaru, it deals with it so I don't have to.
.
post signature

No comments: