Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm leavin' on a jet plane.

As usual, I've been on vacation and didn't bother to tell you all beforehand. Easy reason, mentioned it before; I really don't want to advertise when the house is going to be empty. I went back to Massachusetts for a family reunion, and my great-aunt's 100th birthday. We missed her actual birthday, but she got to sit in the Red Sox's box at a game last week, and if you saw a little old lady get brought out onto the mound with the mascot, that was my great-aunt Grace. We left Salt Lake at 8 am, on, you guessed it, Southwest Airlines. We were on the self-proclaimed "Love-Flight", and as we were rising to the cruising altitude, the flight attendant started singing "Loving you is easy 'cause you're beautiful......" The rest of the flight was peppered with the comedy act that included references to the flight attendants stint at Joliet Prison and the battle of the pilot's parents (both satirical and not real). We stopped over in Chicago, just long enough to hop the flight that brought us to Providence, RI. Now, I don't know if you have been watching the weather for New England, but a hurricane just bypassed the area this weekend, it's been raining almost the entire time. The night we flew in we watched the weather and they predicted 11" inches of rain for one part of Cape Cod. Just for the record, Salt Lake City averages 14" A YEAR. Yeah, that's what I get for saying I missed the rain. Anyway, I'm going to break this story into little parts because you've probably hit your limit by now, so more later.....

post signature

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Welcome back.
I missed reading new stuff on your blog. It's not as much fun in the blogosphere without you.
Eleven inches of rain? Sounds like my last week in Scotland. I can relate.

Max Sartin said...

It's good to be back and dry once again. But, can anyone tell me what that big yellow orb in the sky is?