Friday, May 02, 2008

One down, 3 to go....

The first week of CRT testing went without a hitch. Smooth as the home made tequila in Nuevo Vallarta. Part of it is because the principal hired an excellent Testing Coordinator. She set up the entire schedule, kept track of the ESL & SpEd accommodations and has dealt with the majority of the issues that have risen this week - not that there were many. Anyway, she's made it possible for me to have a little extra time to take care of other computer issues that have arisen - I warned the faculty that they would have to wait for anything until testing was over, but they haven't. Ok, enough on the testing, one last thing though - I was expecting it to be and incredible headache, I'm just so relieved it isn't.
23 more days of school left. Not that I'm counting or anything. And summer semester at the U starts back up in just over a week. Too much happening too fast. If I spontaneously combust, you'll know why.....

1 comment:

A Paperback Writer said...

Oh, well, maybe the testing has gone smoothly for YOU....
I've had to call our (fortunately congenial and good-tempered) STS at least once every single period of testing because of a computer problem. Sometimes I've had to call him as often as 3 times in one period. (God bless that man for staying cheery through all this. How he does it is a miracle.)
He's been able to fix everything, and we have the test scheduling goddess math teacher MS, who I bet your principal misses a great deal....
However, scheduling ESL testing is taking some real juggling because of translators.
Our STS sucked me into two jokes Friday.
We'd met in the library and had gotten a bag of treats from the community of caring people (as opposed to the community of apathy people), then D. announced we had to move to lab 13 to do a technology survey, then added (with a total dead-pan voice), "But you can't have any food or drinks in the lab, so..." No one laughed for a 2-second interval until he shouted, "I'm kidding!"
In the lab, he answered 9 zillion questions as we all went through the weird log in and filled out the survey. Once it was clear that we were all actually proceeding, he announced, "And when you finish, if you'll just take out a book and sit quietly until it's time to leave...." Again, it took at least 2 seconds before anyone realized he was smiling as he said it. I actually looked up at him to take him seriously.....
It's been a loooooooong week.
And I've got to do ESL math and science tests all next week.
I put up a post on the 10 Commandments of CRTs which I think you'll like.