Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's dirt biking, except it's cold, wet and every time you turf it you have to dig in the cold and the wet.

Alex, Danny and I brought the snowmobile back up to the land again today to see if we could actually make it there this time. We did, but not without difficulty. The roads were not too bad for the snowmobile for the most part, although they would have been hell, if not impossible, in the Durango. At the corner right before the entrance to our "ranch" it got really deep, like 3+ feet, and fluffy. The first time I went up there it was right at that corner that I stuck the snowmobile in a snowbank. Fun stuff trying to dig the thing out, all by myself. The good thing is that I learned not to gun it from the experience with Alex a couple weeks ago. All that does is dig it deeper into the snow. So I tried once to get it going, stopped as soon as it started to dig and proceed to dig it out and bunny-hop the back end out of it's rut. As much fun as that was, I decided not to try blazing a new trail and just turned around and went back to where Alex and Danny were (they had both taken their turns already). Then Alex went back up, this time with the keys to the gate, and made it all the way to the camp area. Not without burying and digging out the snowmobile himself. When he came back, I took another turn, this time determined to make it to the campground for some pictures. When I buried the thing a second time something I had said about ice fishing came to mind. When asked if I wanted to go ice fishing one time, I responded with "Let's see, it's cold, it's wet and it's fishing, uh, no." Well I feel that same way about snowmobiling now. It's cold, it's wet, and unlike dirt biking, when you dump it you can't just pick it back up and go on your way. I think I'll give up snowmobiling. But, I got up to the campground anyway and got some good pictures. You'll see the snow on the roof of the cabin. And that last picture, look hard, do you see the bathtub we have out in the clearning? Of course not, it's buried in snow. You can just barely see the top of the towel rack we have out there. All in all, it was a good day, but then again for the most part, time spent with my brothers is always good times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, your snowmobile story has made you featured Blog of the week on www.Zenwaiter.com Thanks for the great pics and your funny text! Jerry aka Zenwaiter