Sunday, August 12, 2007

Once in a million years, at least since the mid- 80's

So I'm coming home from Church today, down in the Sandy area. I get on I-215 at Union Park Drive and follow the belt route all the way to I-15 and the 1300 East exit. What, about 15, maybe 20 miles? I'll have to check sometime. But anyway, something amazing, something I'm not used to, something that used to be possible in the 70's here in Salt Lake happened. I drove all that way without once being blocked by some idiot going slow in the fast lane. Not once. I didn't even have to scoot around anyone on the right hand side to get past them. The only 2 people in the left lane moved over before I even had to disengage the cruise control. WOW.

5 comments:

Jo said...

You go to church? Man, I really DON'T know you at all!

Max Sartin said...

I knew that would catch some people off guard. I've been going to the church my sister-in-law is studying at, or practicing at, in order to become a pastor. She got me involved in the audio/visual part of the services. Although I have been going on days I'm not scheduled to run the sound or video. A long time ago I gave up my die-hard atheism, and a couple years ago I started questioning my agnosticism even. I have no idea where it's going to lead me, but I just figure I ought to find out where.

Jo said...

There may be hope for us after all ;)

A Paperback Writer said...

nikita beat me to it.
I am stunned. Okay, I could tell you were no longer an atheist because you seemed just fine with lots of us who are religious, and die-hard atheists are generally a lot like televangelists out to convert the world. But I really thought you were rather laid-back agnostic (which is much easier for religious types to be around than die-hard aheists).
well. aren't we just full of surprises today.
Just proves that God does have a sense of humor.

Well, don't get so born-again that you can't deal with Molly Mormon here. That'd be a shame. What would I do for humor?

Max Sartin said...

Nah, even if I do become born-again, I'll still be a Rossi. I've got a brother-in-law who is a pastor and a sister-in-law studying to become one, and they still hang around all kinds of weird people (including me). So, unless I deviate from the paths of the other Rossi's that have been born again, you don't have to worry about me deciding I'm too good deal with you Molly Mormons. Besides, that would mean I'd lose over half the non-family close friends I have.