Saturday, July 21, 2007

Thelma & Louise go hubcap hunting.

I'd thought I'd lost the hubcap forever in the 'splosion of ought-7, but Adele saw it on the side of the road on her way to work the next day. She called me to tell me that she thought we could get it, if we went sometime after midnight when the traffic was less likely to kill us. So or course I agree to this and we planned to go last night after she kept her plans with her mother. She was supposed to call me around 11, so I decided to take a nap so I wouldn't be totally exausted for work at 7 this morning. About 8:30, Shannon (my roommate) knocks on my door and says that Adele is here and she has a surprise. I get dressed and come out and lo & behold she and her mother have my hubcap. Seems that she had told her mother about our plans for the late evening, and her mother got excited and decided they ought to go get it themselves. Something about being in the mood for an adventure. So there I am, half awake, and Adele, her mom and a severly beaten hubcap are in my kitchen. I laughed so hard. I laughed even harder when I heard the whole story about it being her mom's idea, her mom driving out there and pulling over to where she can get it, Adele getting out of the car, running down the freeway to pick it up, running back to the car and mom peeling out back onto the freeway. Kinda like that scene in Thelma & Louise when they blow up the gas truck, without the explosion. Cool.

1 comment:

A Paperback Writer said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but, in honor of Pioneer Day, go read:
http://www.tinypineapple.com/archives/2007/07/oh_pioneer_day.html
I have no clue who this guy is, but I'm gonna start reading his blog. He's hilarious.