Sunday, January 20, 2013

Brought to you by 6240.

It may just be visual, but for anyone here along the Wasatch Front, here’s a little relief from the smog trapped in the valleys.

The summit between East and Emigration Canyons sits at about 6240 feet above sea level.  That’s about 1800 feet above where my house sits.  Friday I headed up there, just to get some fresh air and see the sky.  It was warm (compared to down in the city), fresh and wonderful.  Today or tomorrow, I may head out westward to find some sky.  Then I should be able to survive until Wednesday, when they say something’s coming through that will scour out the valley.

I took that picture yesterday, out by the airport.  I was fascinated that they would paint the belly of an airplane that color.

This was also fascinating, how the snow was holding together despite hanging down off the railing of my upper deck.  I took these pictures yesterday, and it’s still dangling today, although a little lower.  I’ll let you know when it collapses.

3 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Glad you got out of the gunk for a bit. :)

Max Sartin said...

Me too. It felt really good.

21 Wits said...

....and brought us some lovely shots! Awesome captures Max.