Monday, October 26, 2009

All winterized.

  1. heaterThe water to the swamp cooler is off and drained.
  2. The cover is on it.
  3. The insulation is in the cooler shaft.
  4. The water to the sprinklers is off and drained.
  5. And I got my propane camping heater hooked up in the back porch. Turned it on full, (all 3) and it got the room from 51 degrees to 72 in about 20 minutes.  We’ll see how it does when it’s really cold out there, but I’m going to try sleeping out there one of these nights.

I’m as ready as I’ll ever be for winter.

sartin

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

I did the swamp cooler thing this weekend.
Still have to do the sprinklers, but the ground's not going to freeze tonight, so I'll be okay for a week or so.
My swamp cooler got some weird kind of algae in it this year: it looked exactly like dog poop, but had no smell. Clean up was gross, but it's finally done. I lysoled the whole inside of the thing and let it dry well before swampwrapping it and putting the cover on it.

Yeah, swampwrap. One more thing people in Scotland don't understand.

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, I get that crap in teh cooler too. That's why about every month or so I add a cup of bleach to the water. If you pick the flavored bleach, it doesn't quite stink out the house so bad. Either way, it only lasts an hour or so, and it kills all the algea.

A Paperback Writer said...

Bleach. Okay, thanks. I'll try it next year.