Monday, September 02, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

We went up to our land for the long weekend.  Both my brothers and their families were there, including two of my nieces and their families too.  19 people, and 9 of them were under the age of 14.

It was kind of chaotic with nine kids chasing each other around the woods, but we have the room, and it was a lot of fun.  And the food was good.  My niece’s husband made a Dutch oven lasagna and a fruit cobbler that were awesome.

One of  the biggest laughs was when my niece had a bug on her arm.  It took her a couple minutes to realize it was there and she was a little freaked out when she found out it was on her for a while.

My niece: “What was it doing there?  Maybe it was sitting there sucking my soul!

Her 12-year-old daughter: “No mom, that’s my job.

6 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

I figured you were ranching away this weekend. Good for you!

PS, yes, I'm going to need some cover modifications. You ok with that?

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, I'm up for it, just let me know when you're ready and we'll set a time.

Lisa Shafer said...

What is that last photo? It looks like Christmas lights.
And I forgot to mention that your grand niece gets an A for pure snark. :)

Max Sartin said...

That's one of the kids walking past the camera with a flashlight. I took it at night with a 30 second shutter speed.

21 Wits said...

Wonderful that you got up to your land, and that you shared just stunning photos for us! Enjoy your shorter week at school.

Lisa Shafer said...

Wow. That's great. (The flashlight one.)

I'm going to e-mail you my cover request, okay? It's pretty simple, so, if you can spare 10 minutes, I think I needn't come over while you do it.