Thursday, December 29, 2011

KSL.com rocks.

I brought some stuff down to the D.I. to donate to them and found out that they do not take old appliances.  They took everything else, but I came home with my two small refrigerators that don’t work.

I didn’t want to just throw them away, they could probably be fixed, so I put an ad on KSL.com classifieds. “2 free non-working fridges, just come pick them up and they’re yours.”

I posted the ad right around 1:00.  The first call came in at 1:05, and by 1:19 I had 12 calls, 5 text messages and 5 voice mails.  They were coming in so fast that I had to get back online and mark the ad as “sold” before I could even get around to calling the first person back.

The calls have stopped, the fridges are gone.  Very effective indeed.

3 comments:

21 Wits said...

Very effective I'd say, and you didn't have to pay to have them taken away! Great work!...that little black one looks like brand new...somebody will fix it and use it/sale it...no doubt!

Lisa Shafer said...

Awesome.
You're happy. Presumably the handy person who can fix the fridges and now will own two free ones is happy. And you kept them out of the landfill.
Very nice.
I'll have to try this with some of the things I have but don't need -- like the two solid wood doors I've had in my basement for the last 25 years.

Max Sartin said...

It's a great way to get rid of stuff you don't want and isn't worth the trouble of selling. I looked online for a place that would come get them and recycle, but they all wanted to charge me $15 each for pickup. This was a much better idea.