Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pool table spelunking.

… Thanksgiving.  What a great day.  Spent it with the family, ate a lot of01 good food, had a couple really good heart-to-heart conversations with the next generation, watched “Uncle Buck” and played Clue.  Both my brothers were there, my sister, almost all the nieces and nephews and their kids. 

… At one point my older brother was downstairs playing with all the kids, and somehow a little02 soccer ball, a little bit smaller than a pool ball, got lost inside the pool table.  The first any of us upstairs heard of it, my older brother had my younger03 brother’s 8 year old completely inside the table, crawling around looking for the soccer ball.  My 6 year old grand-nephew was trying to climb in the other side of the table to help.  It was hilarious.  I don’t think they ever got the ball,  but at least nobody got stuck in there.

… All in all an excellent day, as any time with my family is.  I love you guys, wouldn’t trade any of you for anything.

sartin

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Families are great, aren't they?

Max Sartin said...

Yes they are. Don't know where I'd be without mine.

A Paperback Writer said...

And fortunately, this spelunking story has a much happier ending than the one in Provo had yesterday.....

Max Sartin said...

No kidding. That incident in Provo was tragic, I can't even imagine what it is like for the family going through this, especially during this family oriented season.
For details, here's the URL to the Channel 5 news on it:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8810404

Pedro said...

That was a lot of fun. We didn't loose the soccer ball, its still in the pool table. Thanks for the pictures.

Jannx said...

Wow, that was a bit difficult to watch. I can only imagine what it would have been like to watch the tragedy unfold hour after hour. Thanks for providing the link Max.