Thursday, May 06, 2010

Funny School Stuff.

We each got an apple strudel from the PTA thisstrudel morning, in our boxes all wrapped up with this label on it. Personally, I’m a little disappointed with myself, because when I innocently read “Here’s a strudel for using your noodle”, and one of the English teachers started laughing, I was totally baffled.  It took me a full 30 seconds to get what was so funny to her.  When it did dawn on me I walked back into the room and said “Congratulations, in 17 years of teaching you are the first one to beat me to taking something the wrong way.”  Maybe not completely mindmeldtrue, but pretty darn close.
At lunch one of my students came up to me, his hands kind of grasping his own face and said to me “Mind meld yourself, what a paradox.”  An 8th grader that knows what the word paradox means and can even use it that way.  Probably learned it from that English teacher.recycle
And finally: this box was sitting on the floor right next to the front office.  I don’t know about you, but I just hate it when my Diet iCoke goes on the fritz. 
sartin

No comments: