I got a big long email warning about people posing as Census takers to get personal information for identity theft. So, I went online and checked out the census website and it boils down to this:
1. Don’t answer anything unless it comes through the U.S. Mail or from someone in person with U.S. Census Bureau I.D.
2. Do not answer any questions other than the 10 listed below.
- How many people live there?
- Where there any additional people staying there that you did not include in Question 1?
- Is this house, apartment or mobile home?
- What is your telephone number?
- Names of everyone living there.
- Age and date of birth?
- Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin?
- Do they sometimes live or stay somewhere else?
If you want to check out all the information on the Census, here is the link: The 2010 Census.