Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A little o' this 'n that.

First of all, Rae; the place I got the top done on the LTD is:

The Seat Cover Co.
4651 So 500 West #1
Murray, Utah
(801) 265-0991
It cost me $450 for the top, and so far I'm really impressed with it - it looks fantastic. With the paint as good as it is, it gives the whole car an almost new look - from the outside at least. It feels tight and secure, but only time will tell it's durability, although with 2008 plastics, I'd assume it's even more durable than the original. For the dash, he gave me a quote of $197, and that's for the LTD. A Nissan should be less, although sometimes that isn't true. He says that they put a thin polymer over the top of the dash, so it remains practically original. You can be the guinea pig and get the Nissan done, or wait until I get my tax return to see how it looks on the LTD.
I got a "Out of Office Countdown" calendar for Chirstmas, and have slid on keeping up with it, so here are a few actual GWBush quotes, leading up to today:
  1. You can fool some of the people some of the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. - 2001 Gridiron dinner
  2. Who could have possibly envisioned an erection-an election-in Iraq at this point in history? - Washington,D.C., 01/10/2005
  3. Rarely is the question asked "Is our children learning?" - Florence, South Carolina, 01/11/2000
  4. We thought long and hard about what to propose. We proposed a bold initiative, an initiative that takes equities out of the system, so people are treated fairly. - Lee's Summit, Missouri, January 2007
  5. Because he's hiding. - Aboard Air Force One, discussing why Osama bin Laden is still at large, January 2005
  6. I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously, but I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure. - To the Associated Press, January 2001
  7. I know how hard it is to put food on your family. - Nashua, New Hampshire, January 2000

And finally, driving up to school in a snow storm sucks. Getting there and finding out that class is canceled really sucks.

See ya on the flip side.

No comments: