Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

I'm standin' here outside the door,
Already I'm so lonesome I could cry,
So kiss me and smile for me,
Tell me that you'll wait for me,
Hold me like you'll never let me go.....


Man, that's been fried into my brain from long ago. Back in the Churchill days when I'd sing that with the english teacher on my team. (She used it in one of her lessons and I'm not really sure how it became tradition for us to sing it to the class every time).

Anyway, the deal is set. I've booked the flight. Danny, Alex and I are going to be leaving a week from this coming saturday, and hopefully we'll be back that evening, or early the next morning. Yeah, it could all be a hoax, there could be no car, or it could be a big pile of junk, but it's a hell of a lot of lying just to see me waste a lot of money flying people out to California. The lady sounded honest and she had nothing to gain. Of course I do have an alternate plan - rent a car and drive home - just in case somehow it does fall through. But I don't think it will, and that's the risk you take buying a classic car over the internet. The convertible worked out fine, I'm counting on this one doing the same.
Only time will tell.........
I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

No comments: