Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sounds from the basement.

About 2 weeks ago I heard this banging around in the basement.  Freaked me out a little bit, since I didn’t expect anyone or anything to be down there.  After some sleuthing I found one of my cats down there, which really baffled me since I had no idea how he could have gotten down there.

It didn’t even occur to me there was a hole in the wall behind the dryer, where the vent used to go.

So I rescued him and figured he’d know better and that would be the end of it.  Yeah, I’ve had cats all my life, I should have known better.

Today I heard noises in the basement again.  It freaked me out once more, but I quickly realized Alan must have gotten down there again.  I rescued him again, but this time I fixed it so he can’t (?) get down there again.

Nice, eh?

6 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

On the other hand, he might have been after mice in the basement..... :)

Max Sartin said...

Well, that is his job.

Lisa Shafer said...

But if you keep him out of the basement, how can he catch the mice? :)

Max Sartin said...

You're right, but at least he keeps them out of the house. The problem with allowing them in the basement is that it is a partially dug out crawl space, lots of dirt for them to use as a bathroom.

Lisa Shafer said...

Yup. I've been in your basement -- when you set it up as a computer room for awhile.

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, that was a mistake. Too dark and dingy.