Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hot buttered rum. Mmmmmm.

I finished off my first day of Christmas, oops, sorry, Winter Break with a hot buttered rum.  I think it’s going to be a nightly tradition for the rest of the break.

It all started off when I was having dinner with some friends from Granite High.  One of the ladies who has been a widow for a couple of decades decided to adopt the motto “2000 men in 2000-ten”.  Of course she was just kidding, that would be over 5 men a day,  but we sure had a laugh over it.  So, I decided to commit to drinking one bottle of liquor every night for the 16 days of break. 

When she decided to adapt “2000 men in 2000-ten” to something more reasonable, like just getting a date or two, I decided to reduce mine too.  Somebody suggested hot buttered rum, and with how cold it is out there, it sounded perfect.

So, one hot buttered rum right before bed.  Just finished off the first one, it was good, warming and comforting after this cold and dreary day.  Just in case you are interested in joining me, here is the recipe (I got off the internet):

Ingredients:

· 1 small slice soft butter
· 1 tsp brown sugar
· optional spices: ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg
· vanilla extract
· 2 oz dark rum
· boiling water

Preparation:

1. Place the butter, sugar and spices at the bottom of an
….Irish coffee glass or mug.
2. Mix well or muddle.
3. Pour in the rum and boiling water.
4. Stir.

Cheers!

sartin

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

You definitely got the easier of the two goals to achieve, my friend, as no bottle of rum is going to take a look at you and tell you to take a hike because it doesn't find you as appealing as you find it.
Best of luck to your friend in achieving even a couple of dates as a goal; that's more than I've managed in the last 4 1/2 years.
And enjoy your rum. ;)

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, rum rarely rejects you. Sometimes your stomache rejects, and ejects, the rum, but I won't get to that point with a single hot buttered rum per night.