- Chapter 1 : Facing the Fallout Threat. (includes Shelter living, pg 5. "..shelter occupancy tests have shown that typical Americans of both sexes and widely divergent ages can live under shelter conditions for periods of up to two weeks without much stress." Uh, nice.)
- Chapter 2 : Caring for the Sick. (includes pg 9-unconciousness, pg 10-convulsions, pg 13-diarrhea and pg 21-treatment of radiation sickness.)
- Chapter 3 : Caring for the injured. (pg 26-excessive bleeding, pg 29-sucking wounds in the chest.)
- Chapter 4 : Special Problems in Caring for the Seriously Ill or Injured in a Shelter. (pg 41-When death occurs.)
- Chapter 5 : Birth in a shelter.
- Chapter 6 : Emergency Supplies and Sanitation.
Pretty light reading - I think tomorrow I'll wrap myself up in a warm blanket, with a big cup of coffee and go through the whole thing. And I can't wait until the morning when I get to try out one of my rolls of 45 year old Service Quality Toilet Tissue. Hey, anyone else see a "kill two birds with one stone" opportunity here?