Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Bicycling

Just got back from a bike ride. Only 8 or 10 blocks and already I can feel 743 muscles I wasn't even aware I had. Might have something to do with my not getting on a bike since I got my driver's license. Back when Jimmy Carter was president. Back in the day, we used to ride our bicycles everywhere. When I was around 10, a whole bunch of the kids in the neighborhood, 10 or 12 of us, rode the path the British took from Lexington to Concord. 14 miles round trip and now I can hardly make it a mile. Oh well, at least I still liked it, may take a while but I'll be back up to 14 miles eventually......

1 comment:

Jo said...

I think 'eventually' is the key word! Kudos to you though for biking around; I just worked today and then went to lunch with my mom and may take a nap. The walking to and from the car tired me out :) hahaha