The faucet is fixed. I started around 9:00 am yesterday and finished sometime around 2:30 in the afternoon.
My fear that getting it apart would be the hardest, most complicated part was unfounded. It took me only 25 minutes to get the old one out.
The bulk of the time was spent on three trips to Home Depot, one trip to England Plumbing and trying to get pipes to perfectly match up through the small holes in the wall so they would screw into their respective spots. I ended up having to make the holes a little bit bigger to get things to go together.
But alas, it’s done and I got to take a well needed shower. Two days of no shower or tub and and all that fighting plumbing in a small space, I was just a little bit rank. Good thing home repair places kind of expect that sometimes from their customers.