Saturday, June 14, 2008

2483 miles in 7 days.

Yup, that's what I just got back from. 2483 miles starting on Sunday, June 8th to today (Saturday, June 14th). [That averages 354.71 miles per day.] It's midnight, I woke up just outside of Yosemite Park in California this morning and got home less than an hour ago. Saw 3 ghost towns, a 1973 Ford LTD for sale somewhere in Nevada and got a speeding ticket in California from Dougie Howser just 6 miles from the border. (We passed several officers in Nevada going even faster and they didn't even flinch. Alex came to the conclusion that we could do whatever we wanted to, as long as it didn't involve cattle or explosives, and the Nevada Highway Patrol wouldn't care.) Anyway, I'm going to shower (first in 3 days) and then go to bed. You'll get details later..... PS - the whole week was a blast.

Writer, you'll see your comment has been posted, my bloganoia is information that lets people know my house is going to be empty. I know I've got enough information on here to figure out where my house is, so I never post about vacations and such until after I get back.

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Hey, no problem about the comment.
I'm just glad you showered while we were on vacation together.

A Paperback Writer said...

Oh, and I'm STILL trying to e-mail you some photos, but I can't get the things to attach this week (I've done it before, but it just won't work these last few days).
I guess you can just brag to people that after our trip to Moab, I couldn't stop thinking about you and had to e-mail you over and over again, even when I knew you weren't home.